About The Southall Medical Centre
The Southall Medical Centre is committed to provide good quality healthcare regardless of race, religion, culture or gender.
We undertake to:
- treat you with respect and courtesy at all times
- provide you with advice and treatment in a timely manner
- help you make decisions about your health by treating you with respect
- Discuss available treatments and refer you on to other experts where necessary
- Act as your advocate and guide through healthcare services
- Maintain confidentiality in what we discuss and the records we keep on your behalf
- Keep up to date with developments in healthcare by continuing to learn
In return, we ask you to:
- Keep your appointments and/or let us know as soon as possible if you can’t attend
- Only use urgent out-of-hours services for urgent conditions
- Be nice to our staff! They do their best for you and respond well to your needs. However, swearing and shouting will not be tolerated under any circumstances and patients who are abusive may be removed from our patient list.
- Let us know if you have any suggestions or cause for complaint as soon as possible
- Let us know when we have done well
With patients’ needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening times and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.